17.5.07

q: how excited am i?

A: very.

I have just been published for the very first time.

Which may mean little to you, but it means a lot to me.

My story "The Histories of Now" is now freely available in issue 5 (part 1) of "Behind the Wainscot."

The issue is dedicated to Paul Jessup's invention: Post-Industrial Fantasy, which he talks about in the issue.

There's some really cool author's there who I admire just a ridiculous amount: Cat Valente and Ekaterina Sedia. It's very kind of Mr Jessup to put me up in such awesome company. So I'm really honoured about that.

"Behind the Wainscot" is also WAY cool, and is an offshoot of the equally cool "Farrago's Wainscot." I've culled a little bit from their site to give you, dear reader, an idea of what the hell it's all about:

Farrago's Wainscot is an exhibition of weird, strange, bizarre, interstitial, or otherwise liminal fiction, nonfiction, poetry, and experimental forms.

Behind the Wainscot is a companion blogozine to the larger Wainscot exhibition, exploring similar ideas in smaller, more fragmentary segments.
Yay!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You should be very excited. That is one hell of a good story.

thexmedic said...

Why thank you sir, I much appreciate it.

Personally, I'm mostly excited to have been published in such excellent company.

"Secret History of Moscow" just totally made it to my reading list.